In order to dematerialise physical shares, one has to open demat account with the DP and fill in a DRF (Dematerialisation Request Form) which is available with the DP and submit the same along with physical share certificate(s) that is/are to be dematerialised.
The complete process of dematerialisation is summarized below:
- Surrender share certificate(s) for dematerialisation to your DP.
- DP intimates to the Depository regarding the request through the system.
- DP submits the share certificate(s) to the RTA of the Company.
- RTA confirms the dematerialisation request from depository.
- After dematerialization of shares, RTA updates accounts and informs Depository regarding completion of dematerialisation.
- Depository updates its accounts and informs the DP.
- DP updates the demat account of the shareholder.