KEC is the largest globally operated lattice tower manufacturing Company in the world. We manufacture transmission towers, monopoles, hardware, and structured for substations, solar and railways. The total manufacturing capacity is 4,22,200 MTs per annum, spread across six locations, three in India and two in Americas - one each in Brazil and Mexico, and one in Dubai.
In India, the Company’s tower manufacturing facilities are located in – Nagpur, Maharashtra (Capacity: 78,000MTs), Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh (Capacity: 71,800MTs) and Jaipur, Rajasthan (Capacity: 57,600 MTs).We have a cumulative installed capacity of 30,000MTs for Railways and 9,600MTs for Solar. In addition to this, the Company also has close associations with various Value Added Partner facilities who provide exclusive capacity to the Company.
The Company’s tower manufacturing units are managed independently and are supported centrally by Procurement, Logistics, and Quality Assurance, Planning and Commercial functions at Supply Chain. In addition to this, the Company also has association with various vendors and logistics service providers.
KEC owns two facilities in Americas through its wholly owned subsidiary SAE Towers Holdings LLC. SAE Towers is the largest tower manufacturer of Americas with production capacity of 102,000 MT. Its facilities are located in Monterrey, Mexico (Capacity: 42,000 MT) and Belo Horizonte, Brazil (Capacity: 60,000 MTs).
Mexico Plant – This facility is located within easy access of US markets, approximately 120 miles south of Laredo, Texas and has full access to global and US steel suppliers, allowing for ready availability of both structural angles and plate. SAE Towers also manufactures poles in this facility.
Brazil Plant – This plant is designed specifically employing a U-shaped production process flow in order to maximize efficiency and shorten total cycle time. SAE Towers also manufactures Hardware fittings and substation structures in this facility.
Monterrey, Mexico (North America)
Belo Horizonte (Brazil)
Some of the features of these facilities are:
- State of the art Manufacturing technology with a well-engineered layout
- In-house developed special purpose horizontal cum vertical bending press for bending the different section sizes
- Capability of catering to zinc coat thickness in the range of 65 to 130 microns as per customer requirement
- Strong Steel sourcing capability
- Common ERP System across all Supply Chain manufacturing facilities
- Fully Integrated Planning system – Order to Delivery
- Capability of catering to tower wise bundling requirement of the customer to enable storage and easy supply of tower to desired locations.