|Press Release for Q1 FY20 performance and New Order Wins|
EBITDA up by 16%, at Rs.251 crore
EBITDA margin increased to 10.4% from 10.3%
New Order wins of Rs.1,115 crore
Mumbai, August 07, 2019: KEC International Ltd. a global infrastructure EPC major, an RPG Group Company, today announced its results for the first quarter (Q1 FY20) ended June 30, 2019 and new order wins.
Consolidated Financial Performance:
Q1 FY20 v/s Q1 FY19
- REVENUE: Increased by 15% to Rs.2,412 crore from Rs.2,104 crore
- EBITDA: Increased by 16% to Rs.251 crore from Rs.216 crore
- EBITDA Margin: Increased to 10.4% from 10.3%
- PROFIT BEFORE TAX: Increased by 2% to Rs.138 crore from Rs.135 crore
- PROFIT AFTER TAX: Increased by 2% to Rs.89 crore from Rs.87 crore
New Order Intake
The Company has secured new orders of Rs.1,115 crore across its various businesses:
Transmission & Distribution:
The T&D business has secured orders of Rs.655 crore across India, Nepal, Burundi, Angola and the Americas:
- Transmission line package from West Bengal State Electricity Transmission Company Limited (WBSETCL) and a change order in India
- 220/400 kV Transmission line project in Nepal
- 220 kV overhead Transmission line in Burundi
- Supply of 400 kV Transmission line structures in Angola
- Various orders received by SAE Towers in the Americas
The Civil business has secured orders for construction of plants and associated civil works aggregating to Rs.91 crore from leading cement manufacturers.
The Solar business has secured an order for design, engineering, supply and construction of solar power plant of Rs.14 crore in India.
The Cables business has secured orders of Rs.355 crore for various types of Cables/ Cabling projects.
Mr. Vimal Kejriwal, MD & CEO, KEC International Ltd commented, “We are happy with the continued growth in our Revenue. Our core T&D business has been the primary growth driver this quarter, demonstrating robust execution across domestic and international projects despite some challenges due to the general elections in India.
We are enthused with the new order wins in the international markets in our T&D business especially the order win in Burundi, which expands our footprint to a new country and enables us to strengthen our international presence. The order win in Nepal, along with the earlier orders in the region helps us in consolidating our position in the SAARC market.”
About KEC International Limited
KEC International is a global infrastructure Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) major. It has presence in the verticals of Power Transmission and Distribution, Railways, Solar, Civil, Smart Infrastructure and Cables. The Company is currently executing infrastructure projects in 30 countries and has a footprint in 100+ countries (includes EPC & Supply). It is the flagship Company of the RPG Group.
About RPG Enterprises
RPG Enterprises, established in 1979, is one of India's fastest growing business groups with a turnover of US$ 4 Billion. The group has diverse business interests in the areas of Infrastructure, Tyres, Pharma, IT and Specialty as well as in emerging innovation led technology businesses.