|KEC International's PBT up 8 times & Margin at 7.7% Highest in last 14 Qtrs for Q2FY16|
- PBT at Rs. 69 crore, up 8 times
- EBITDA at Rs. 155 crore, Margin at 7.7%, highest in last 14 quarters
- Secured First PPP Transmission Line Project
Mumbai, October 28, 2015: KEC International Ltd. (KEC), a global infrastructure EPC major, an RPG Group company, today announced its unaudited consolidated results for the quarter ended September 30, 2015.
Consolidated Financial Performance
Net Revenue for the quarter stands at Rs. 2,021 crore as against Rs. 2,173 crore in the corresponding quarter of previous year, a decrease of 7% Y-o-Y.
EBITDA for the quarter stands at Rs. 155 crore as against Rs. 121 crore in the corresponding quarter of previous year, an increase of 28% Y-o-Y.
Profit After Tax for the quarter stands at Rs. 44 crore as against Rs. 20 crore in the corresponding quarter of previous year, an increase of 118% Y-o-Y.
New Order Intake
The Company has secured additional new orders of Rs. 555 crore till October 25, 2015 in its Transmission & Distribution and Cables businesses. Details are as follows -
- Secured a 400 kV Transmission Line project order of Rs. 260 crore through Public Private Partnership on DBFOT Basis from Rajasthan Rajya Vidhyut Prasaran Nigam Ltd.
- Secured a GIS Substation order of Rs. 185 crore from PGCIL.
- SAE Towers secured supply orders of Rs. 81 crore in Mexico, Brazil and the US.
- Cables Business secured orders of Rs. 29 crore for supply of Power and Telecom cables.
Mr. Vimal Kejriwal, MD & CEO, KEC International Ltd commented, “We continue to deliver on the profitability front; having successfully achieved an improvement in our margins for 3 consecutive quarters. The revenue for the quarter was slightly impacted primarily on account of softening of the commodity prices and depreciation in foreign currencies (Brazilian Real). I am glad that we have achieved yet another milestone by foraying in the PPP space with an Intra-State Transmission Line Project.”
About KEC International Limited
KEC International is a global infrastructure Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) major. It has presence in the verticals of Power Transmission and Distribution, Cables, Railways, Water and Renewables. Globally, the Company has powered infrastructure development in 61+ countries. It is the flagship Company of the RPG Group.
About RPG Enterprises
RPG Enterprises, established in 1979, is one of India's fastest growing business groups with turnover over Rs. 20,000 crore. The group has more than fifteen companies managing diverse business interests in the areas of Infrastructure, Tyre, IT and Specialty.