At Supply Chain, Quality has always been a journey and not a destination.
- Established the basic framework of Quality management system in the form of implementation of ISO 9001 systems across the plants with more focus on manufacturing processes and products
- Next phase was adoption and successful implementation of ISO14001 systems
- Supply Chain became the first KEC SBU to win the RPG Quality Excellence Award within RPG Group in 1999
- Butibori plant within Supply Chain became the first transmission facility in the world to be certified for OHSAS18001.
- During this journey of continual improvement, Supply Chain embraced various tools & techniques such as Cultural Pillar Approach, Balance Score Card & policy deployment approach, Business Excellence (RPGOE), ERP Implementation, Kaizen, CSR, Best Practices Sharing, Internal/External Bench marking.
- The journey is still on and Supply chain has adopted TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) and QBM (Quality Based Management) as the vehicles to accelerate towards excellence
- KEC Tower Test Station and Material (Quality) Testing Laboratories of Butibori, Jabalpur and Jaipur plants have received the prestigious ISO 17025:2005 accreditation certificate from National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
Impact of Key Initiatives
Supply Chain has several initiatives in place, which has resulted in a positive impact on the business.
Main Features of Supply Chain Quality System
- Diversified portfolio strategy resulting in expansion of KEC’s footprint across the Globe.
- The strong prequalification status in QMS EMS & OHSAS systems have resulted in consistent winning & execution of international orders in sustained manner.
- Value added partner approach resulted in expanding manufacturing capacity on multi-fold manner without major capital investment.
- Central Planning approach for multi-projects execution has resulted in significant improvement in Supplier Service Level.
- RPGOE approach helped into continual refining of business processes with reference to internal/external benchmark.
- Cultural Pillar approach has laid the foundation for strengthening the values.
- Development of Project Specific Manufacturing Quality Plan
- Integrated ISO system across Supply Chain
- Well defined Company Standards for ensuring Quality of Fabrication, Galvanizing and Packing
- Fully equipped Test laboratories.