At Supply Chain, Quality has always been a journey and not a destination.
- Established the basic framework of Quality management system in the form of implementation of ISO 9001 systems across the plants with more focus on manufacturing processes and products
- Next phase was adoption and successful implementation of ISO14001 systems
- Supply Chain became the first KEC SBU to win the RPG Quality Excellence Award within RPG Group in 1999
- Butibori plant within Supply Chain became the first transmission facility in the world to be certified for OHSAS18001.
- During this journey of continual improvement, Supply Chain embraced various tools & techniques such as Cultural Pillar Approach, Balance Score Card & policy deployment approach, Business Excellence (RPGOE), ERP Implementation, Kaizen, CSR, Best Practices Sharing, Internal/External Bench marking.
- The journey is still on and Supply chain has adopted TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) and QBM (Quality Based Management) as the vehicles to accelerate towards excellence
- KEC Tower Test Station and Material (Quality) Testing Laboratories of Butibori, Jabalpur and Jaipur plants have received the prestigious ISO 17025:2005 accreditation certificate from National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
Impact of Key Initiatives
Supply Chain had several initiatives in place time to time which has resulted into positive impact on business.
Main Features of Supply Chain Quality System
- Diversified portfolio strategy is resulting into expanding the KEC footprint across the Globe
- The strong prequalification status in QMS EMS & OHSAS systems have resulted into consistent winning & execution of international orders in sustained manner.
- Value added partner approach resulted in expanding manufacturing capacity on multi-fold manner without major capital investment.
- Central Planning approach for multi-projects execution has resulted into significant improvement in Supplier Service Level.
- RPGOE approach helped into continual refining of business processes with reference to internal/external benchmark.
- Cultural Pillar approach has laid the foundation for strengthening the values.
- Development of Project Specific Manufacturing Quality Plan
- Integrated ISO system across Supply Chain
- Well defined Company Standards for ensuring Quality of Fabrication, Galvanizing and Packing
- Fully equipped Test laboratories.