|KEC International secures orders worth Rs. 602 crore|
- Transmission Business– Rs. 326 crore orders from India, Philippines and Americas
- Railways Business – Rs. 162 crore order for Railway Electrification and Signaling works in India
- Cables Business – Rs. 114 crore orders for supply of Power and Telecom cables
Mumbai, September 21, 2012: KEC International Ltd. (KEC), a global infrastructure EPC major, an RPG Group company, has secured new orders worth Rs. 602 crore in its Transmission, Railways and Cables businesses.
The Company has secured orders from India, Philippines and Americas
- India - Order for establishment of 765 kV transmission line between Rihand-Vindhyachal in the state of Uttar Pradesh on turnkey basis. The order is secured from the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL). The order value is Rs. 114 crore, project duration is 12 months.
- Philippines – Order for establishment of a 138 kV transmission line on a turnkey basis. This project will help in improving the grid reliability between General Santos and Matanao substations in southern Philippines. The order is secured from the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP). The order value is Rs. 38 crore, project duration is approx. 15 months.
- Americas – SAE Towers, the wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, has secured various orders for supply of lattice towers and poles to Brazil, Mexico and United States. The total value of these orders is Rs. 174 crore.
The Company has secured Rs. 162 crore order on turnkey basis. The scope of the project includes railway electrification, Signalling and telecommunication works. The order is received from Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) and the project duration is 30 months.
The Company has secured various orders for supply of Power Cables and Telecom Cables. The total value of these orders is Rs. 114 crore.
About KEC International Ltd.
KEC International is global infrastructure Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) major. It has presence in the verticals of Power Transmission, Power Systems, Cables, Railways, Telecom and Water. The Company has powered infrastructure development in 46 countries across South Asia, Middle East, Africa, Central Asia and Americas. It is a flagship Company of the RPG Group.
About RPG Enterprise.
RPG Enterprises is one of India's largest industrial conglomerates. The group consists of over fifteen companies managing diverse business interests in the areas of Tyre, Infrastructure, IT and Speciality. Established in 1979, RPG Enterprises today has a turnover of Rs. 15,000 crore.
For further information, please contact:
- Mayur Khetan, Manager - Investor Relations & Corporate,
- Steven Pereira, Manager – Corporate Communications,