|KEC International secures orders worth Rs. 740 crore|
- Transmission Business– Rs. 53 crore order from Bangladesh and Rs. 180 crore orders from Americas
- Power Systems Business– Rs. 103 crore orders from Malaysia and Kenya
- Railways Business – Entered in Turkmenistan by securing Rs. 192 crore order
- Cables Business – Rs. 212 crore orders for supply of Power and Telecom cables
Mumbai, July 27, 2012: KEC International Ltd. (KEC), a global infrastructure EPC major, an RPG Group company, has secured new orders worth Rs. 740 crore spread across its Transmission, Power Systems, Railways and Cable businesses. Details are as follows -
In this business, the Company has secured orders from Bangladesh and Americas (United States, Canada, Mexico and Brazil).
- Bangladesh - Order for establishment of 132 kV double circuit transmission line between Jamalpur-Sherpur and Fenchuganj-Kulauara on turnkey basis from the Power Grid Company of Bangladesh (PGCB). The order value is Rs. 53 crore, project duration is 18 months and total line length is ~45 kilometers.
- Americas – SAE Towers, the wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, has secured various orders for supply of lattice towers, poles and hardwares to United States, Canada, Mexico and Brazil. The total value of these orders is Rs. 180 crore.
Power systems Business:
In this business, the Company has secured orders from Malaysia and Kenya.
- Malaysia - Order for establishment of 275 kV substations on turnkey basis at Similajau & Oya in Malaysia. The order is secured from Sarawak Energy Berhad (SEB), Malaysia. The order value is Rs. 75 crore and project duration is approx. 20 months.
- Kenya - Order for establishment of 66/33/11kV distribution lines on turnkey basis in Mount Kenya region of Nairobi. The order is secured from Kenya Power and Lighting Company Ltd (KPLC). The order value is Rs. 28 crore, project duration is 15 months and total line length is ~100 kilometers.
In this business, the Company has received an order for establishment of Power Supply,Signaling and Telecommunicat ion Systems on a turnkey basis. The project is part of the North-South Railway project in Turkmenistan. The order is secured from the Ministry of Railway Transport of Turkmenistan. This project is secured in consortium with a company based in the CIS region. The project value is Rs. 588 crore in which KEC’s share is Rs. 192 crore. The project duration is 18 months.
This is the largest ever railway order for the Company. With the entry in Turkmenistan,the Company has expanded its footprint in CIS region. The Company already has presence in Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Georgia in this region.
In this Business, the Company has secured various orders for supply of Power Cables and Telecom Cables. The total value of these orders is Rs. 212 crore.
About KEC International Ltd.
KEC International is global infrastructure Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) major. It has presence in the verticals of Power Transmission, Power Systems, Cables, Railways, Telecom and Water. The Company has powered infrastructure development in 46 countries across South Asia, Middle East, Africa, Central Asia and Americas. It is the flagship Company of the RPG Group.
About RPG Enterprise.
RPG Enterprises is one of India's largest industrial conglomerates. The group consists of over fifteen companies managing diverse business interests in the areas of Tyre, Infrastructure, IT and Speciality. Established in 1979, RPG Enterprises today has a turnover of Rs. 15,000 crore.
For further information, please contact: