|KEC International wins orders worth Rs. 612 crore|
- Highest market share of ~28% in PGCIL’s transmission line contracts this financial year so far
- Secures Rs. 210 crore transmission line order from PGCIL
- Expands geographical footprints- Entered Uganda by securing Rs. 53 crore distribution line order
- SAE Towers secures Rs. 224 crore towers supply orders in Americas
- Secures Rs. 81 crore cable supply orders and Rs. 44 crore water system civil works order
Mumbai, December 10, 2012: KEC International Ltd. (KEC), a global infrastructure EPC major, an RPG Group company, has secured new orders worth Rs. 612 crore in its Transmission, Power Systems, Cables and Water businesses.
The Company has secured various orders in India and Americas.
- India - Rs. 210 crore order for Supply and Erection of 765 kV single circuit transmission lines between Meerut (Uttar Pradesh) and Moga (Punjab) on turnkey basis. The order is secured from the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL). The project duration is 24 months.
In the current financial year so far, the Company has highest market share of approximately 28% in PGCIL’s transmission line contracts.
- Americas – SAE Towers, the wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, has secured various orders for supply of lattice towers to Brazil, Mexico and United States. The total value of these orders is Rs. 224 crore.
Power Systems Business:
The Company continues to expand its geographical footprints. It has entered Uganda by securing Rs. 53 crore order for design, supply and construction of 33 kV distribution lines and associated low voltage networks on turnkey basis. The order is secured from the Rural Electrification Board of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development of Uganda. The project duration is 12 months.
The Company has secured various orders for supply of Power and Telecom Cables. The total value of these orders is Rs. 81 crore.
The Company has secured Rs. 44 crore order for establishment of water system civil works for super thermal power project in Solapur, Maharashtra. The order is secured from NTPC Limited. The project duration is 30 months.
About KEC International Ltd.
KEC International is global infrastructure Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) major. It has presence in the verticals of Power Transmission, Power Systems, Cables, Railways, Telecom and Water. The Company has powered infrastructure development in 46 countries across South Asia, Middle East, Africa, Central Asia and Americas. It is a flagship Company of the RPG Group.
About RPG Enterprise.
RPG Enterprises is one of India's largest industrial conglomerates. The group consists of over fifteen companies managing diverse business interests in the areas of Tyre, Infrastructure, IT and Speciality. Established in 1979, RPG Enterprises today has an annual turnover of Rs. 15,000 crore.
For further information, please contact:
- Mayur Khetan, Manager - Investor Relations & Corporate,
- Steven Pereira, Manager – Corporate Communications,