|KEC International wins orders worth Rs. 646 crore|
Mumbai, February 15, 2013: KEC International Ltd. (KEC), a global infrastructure EPC major, an RPG Group company, has secured new orders worth Rs. 646 crore in its Transmission and Cable businesses.
In Transmission business, the Company has secured Rs. 559 crore orders from India and Americas.
Details are as follows -
1) Two orders worth Rs. 291 crore from Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL).
- Rs. 173 crore order for supply and erection of 765 kV single circuit transmission line between Varanasi-Balia in Uttar Pradesh on turnkey basis. The project is associated with the Transmission System for Phase-I Generation Projects in Jharkhand & West Bengal.
- Rs. 118 crore order for supply and erection of 220 kV and 132 kV transmission lines in Jharkhand on turnkey basis.
2) Order worth Rs. 189 crore for supply and erection of 400 kV double circuit transmission line from Rangampet to Gajwel in Andhra Pradesh on turnkey basis. The order is secured from Transmission Corporation of Andhra Pradesh Limited (APTransco).
3) SAE Towers, the wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, has secured various orders for supply of lattice towers and poles to United States, Mexico and Brazil. The total value of these orders is Rs. 79 crore.
In Cable business, the Company has secured Rs. 87 crore orders for supply of Power and Telecom Cables.
About KEC International Ltd.
KEC International is global infrastructure Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) major. It has presence in the verticals of Power Transmission, Power Systems, Cables, Railways, Telecom and Water. The Company has powered infrastructure development in 48 countries across South Asia, Middle East, Africa, Central Asia and Americas. It is a flagship Company of the RPG Group.
About RPG Enterprise.
RPG Enterprises is one of India's largest industrial conglomerates. The group consists of over fifteen companies managing diverse business interests in the areas of Tyre, Infrastructure, IT and Speciality. Established in 1979, RPG Enterprises today has a turnover of Rs. 16,000 crore.
For further information, please contact:
- Mayur Khetan, Manager - Investor Relations & Corporate,
- Steven Pereira, Manager – Corporate Communications,